Yuj - The Union

                   

            Glad to be back to blogging✍ after a very long time, with a new tag to myself, blissfully a Yoga Teacher😇.   Let me start my new blog with few beautiful lines,

               Yoga🧘‍♂️ se hi Yoga hoga

                                    &

              Yoga se hi Yoga🧘 hoga

              Let me elaborate on this a little. The word Yoga has been derived from the Sanskrit word ' Yuj' which means 'Union'. Now, what do these lines mean here? They mean when we do Yoga in the form it is popularly known Asanas, Pranayama then only Yoga i.e Union of body and mind can occur. And when this beautiful yoga(union) of body and mind occurs then only one can do and experience the real Yoga.

            For us, to get maximum out of any moment, our mind needs to be with the body. Let us understand this in a better way with example of some popular entities. 

          While playing cricket, if I am on the crease waiting to hit the ball and my mind is focused along with the body, I will tackle the ball in the best way possible in that particular moment. But if my body is ready to hit the ball and my mind is bothered with thoughts like if I hit a six, I will be showered with praises, Ohh, what if I get out at Zero, people will laugh on me and bhoom- I will be bowled out.

           Similarly, someone wants to do Shirshasana, The king of Asanas and his mind is full of thoughts like O wow, I am doing it, my legs are going up, YES and next moment you will be down. Again here, if one's mind is with their body, one can calmly reap the benefits of Shirshasana for 5 minutes or so effortlessly.           

          The point is understood right?😎 Mind needs to be with the body during every action. Ahh! That's so easy. Will just ask our mind to be with our body😜. Mmmm...but we know it doesnt work like that. So, how can we do it?🤔 It is possible with the practice of Dhyana/ meditation🧘‍♂️. Now, many people have lots of apprehension with the word meditation. Its like, I cannot sit for so long so quiet 🤫, Oo, my back hurts to sit for long, meditation is for serious practitioners and so on. And many are fascinated towards it and think it will do wonders as soon as they start practicing meditation. But it is not so, anyone can practice meditation easily. The first step is to achieve Dharana- one pointedness of mind. Just look at jyoti or a picture of Omkar. Focus your mind on your breath during practice of asana( Pranadharana- a very simple technique told by Nimabalkar Guruji). Once you start practicing these simple measures regularly, you realise your mind is being present in the present moment along with the body and one starts experiencing the real life. Now when i say regularly here it has lots and lots of importance as mentioned in Patanjali Yoga sutra 1.14 - 

Sa tu dirgha kala nairantarya satkara sevito drudha bhumihi

      Meaning once something is practiced constantly and for long time, it gets established firmly.
Simply put by help of Constant and long practice of Yoga one can achieve the union of body and mind and only when you achieve this beautiful union then only you can do and experience the real essence of yoga.
          So, my dear friends, yoga is an experiential science and you need to experience it to understand the meaning of

          Yoga🧘 se hi Yoga hoga

                               &

           Yoga se hi Yoga🧘‍♂️ hoga.



                            Namaste 🙏 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEART - THE TEACHER

Let the Life get Settled🤗

FREE FLOW🌊